Sunday, April 01, 2007

Update on Work

Hi friends,
Feeling good. Started another round of chemotherapy today . Booked
for a MRI this Thursday.
I"ve had it in the back of my mind since the beginning that I would
be returning to work. However, the problems with short term memory
are significant enough that returning to work is not a
feasibility. These changes, which are due to radiation, are permanent. These
memory problems,although they don't significantly affect daily activities,
certainly preclude a return to doing surgery. This realization is a tough pill
for me to swallow. I think that I enjoyed every day and every aspect of
work. The common denominator with this enjoyment was people. This
included office staff,hospital staff, and particularly my patients. I consider
myself very lucky to have had the opportunity. However,each good ride has
to end sometime..
Love,
Barry

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Barry@pam
Glad to hear you are doing well.sorry to hear you will not be back to work, but on the other hand we are happy for you .meaning you will have time to spend at your leisure.you put your years in and enjoyed them, andnow you can spend happy times with your family and grandchildren.knowing this will not be easy for you,we wish you all the best. hang in there big guy.thinking of you.
love,
Brenda @joey,

7:24 PM  
Blogger Aunt Jeanne said...

Hopefully, in the future you will be back to work. Thinking about you every day and keep up your spirits as you have done so all along. Lots of time for golf for you both this summer and time with the grandkids.
Jeanne MacLean

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I guess you are wondering about the name on my post. I post on my nephews blog. He is running in the Boston Marathon for the Diabetes runners, and it just signs me in that way.
Jeanne

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you will not be returning to work. It truly is a great loss for everyone who has ever worked with you, and of course for your patients. Try to remember, that when one door closes, another opens. Thinking of you,
Laura Vail -Unit One

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAR DR. LING AND PAM,
WE WERE SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU WON,T BE RETURNING TO WORK.
BUT HEH ,YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TO HAVE MORE TIME TO PUT YOUR FEET UP,MORE TIME TO SPEND WITH YOUR FAMILY,AND MAYBE EVEN A FEW ROUNDS OF GOLF.
THERE IS AN UPSIDE TO EVERYTHING.
BELATED HAPPY 60TH!!!!
IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU THE OTHER DAY .
HANG ON TO THAT GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR OF YOURS ,IT WILL GET YOU EVERYWHERE.
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH .
LOVE FROM
CHUBBY AND PETER

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home