Monday, June 18, 2007

Update

Hi friends,
Lots to report. Fortunately I am feeling great. This is the best summer
ever taking into account that I am retired and feel so good.
Pam and I went over to Halifax on Thursday and met with my
neurosurgeon (Dr Holness). Previosly we were of the opinion that
furhter surgey was not an option. However he stated that if I
developed significant neurological symptoms that he would operate
to decompress and de- bulk the tumour. This would not be
curative but would potentially buy good time. We were very glad
to here this. No pun intended but you have to be sick in the head
to look forward to further brain surgery. I qualify.
Two years ago 12 of us from the Island went to Ireland golfing.
This past weekend the 12 of us went over to Halifax and played
12 of my friends from there. We had a fantastic time and they
are coming here in August. Great times.
Pam is feeling better but is going to be booked to have her
gallbladder removed later on this summer.
There still are some treatment options that we are exploring
but nothing concrete yet.
Don't forget to hug the ones you love,
Barry

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grampie & Pampie...

Thank you for the new set of pink golf clubs! Now all I need is a neon golf outfit and I'll be all set! Grampie, why do people say we look and act alike?

Oh yeah, and mom tells me that she knew you were just a little sick in the head since the very first day she met you...it has never caused her any worry.

I'm coming to visit you at your red door soon.

See you later. Love Tug. xoxoxo

P.S. Hey Grampie, what's that on your shirt? GOTCHA!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys back on the road for the week. Look forward to my hug and a visit.working on the Caddie's visit for Aug. Missya

The Golfer

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now when its too late I find out my Doctor who operated on me, was "sick in the head", a very scary feeling, lol. As usual all the very best and God Bless. A big hug from me to you. Bev Gunning

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. Barry; Just viewed the pictures from the the wedding. Looks as if everthing was lovely and you all looked great. I wish you great luck with your MRI miracles do happen believe that. Hugs to you all. Sharon MacFadyen

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home